..:Together In L.O.V.E:..

Sunday, March 24, 2013

One-Year-First-Date

Last week on March 16, 2013 Braxton & I had our "first date" all over again. A year ago Braxton was beating around the bush on asking me on a date. We were at work and tired of being inside, so we decided we would go outside and pick up all the poop. We took our sweet time doing it too. While we were outside we were talking about the Turkey Banquet that was coming up, his friends and how drunk they get, how drinking a majority of the time wasn't that appealing to him anymore, our dating lives and more.
While we were talking about our dating lives Braxton was asking me if I was interested in anyone. I had told him I was, but that had ended. He asked me what I like to do on dates, for fun, hobbies. I told him I'm not a HUGE fan of going to dinner & seeing a movie on the first date. He asked me why that was, so I told him it was because you don't interact with each other when seeing a movie. You just stare at the screen. A first date is all about getting to know the person and seeing if they are someone you're interested in and would like to continue to go on dates and possibly date.
Braxton then asked me "How does a guy get a girl like you?" I paused. Then I told him, "The guy must respect me as a person, understand that I come with flaws, that he must treat me right and not like a piece of garbage. That he will love me no matter what... Basically treat me like a princess... No a queen!" He paused. He then said, "Really? That is what every girl says 'treat me like a princess'." He then asked "You doing anything fun this Friday?" I knew right away what was coming. It was so obvious, but I was going to MAKE him ask me on a date. I wasn't going to say anything. So what did I say to his question? "Mmm, I have a few things I've been invited to. Don't know if I'm going to go though, why?" He said "Oh, I was just going to see if you wanted to do something." I then said "Like... a date?" He then said "..... Yeah, a date." Which in return I told him "Sure".
Later that day he wanted to make sure we were still on for Friday, March 16, 2012. He said to me "You never gave me an answer if you wanted to go" I then turned to him and said "Yeah I did, I said 'sure'". All he did was stare at me until I gave him a real answer. So I said "Yes Braxton, I would love to go." And that is how Braxton asked me on a date. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner then afterwards we drove around. We went up Provo Canyon, to Heber City, down through Parley's Canyon, to Salt Lake, stopped at Denny's on 7200 South so I could pee then back down to Orem. Quite the drive. Quite the date. Very memorable.
This year on March 16, 2013 he was house sitting for a client. So we got off work, bought Little Caesar's Pizza, went to the house, fed the horses, dog & cat then we sat down dimmed the lights and had some pizza with a Coors Light. Tried to make it somewhat romantic. After that we watch Law & Order: Special Victims Unit then went to bed. Not quite as exciting as our first date, but it was still nice. We were by ourselves with no one around. That was even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment